Web World Plus
Setting up a Web World Plus Pop 3 mailbox account using Outlook Express
Top level domains only (mydomain.com) - not applicable to sub-domains (me.webworldplus.com)
We will be happy to set up mailbox addresses for our clients....please email tech support to request setup.
Note: Your pop3 email account will not function if you have the same email account using the forwarder. Please advise your Webkeeper of existing forwarding addresses to be deleted.
On your Windows computer:
- Open Outlook Express. Select Tools --Accounts -- Add -- Mail.
- Enter the name you would like to appear in the "From" field.
- Select "I already have an email address I would like to use" and enter the name of the account you created in your control panel (e.g. email@example.com).
- Note: Newer version of Outlook Express doesn't have that choice.
- When your "Internet Accounts" window is displayed click on the account you have just created.
Use info given to you by Web World Plus. e.g. Incoming mail POP3, IMAP and HTTP server. Outgoing SMTP server.
- Internet Mail Logon Window: (newer version) Enter Account Name and Password received from Web World Plus.
- Select "Properties"
- Make sure you use a unique name for each account in the top field (e.g. sales, support, personal ).
Switch now to the GENERAL tab.
This window is where you add additional information. e.g. "Name, Organization and Reply Address (if they have not been filled in). Change "webworldplus.com" to YOUR domain name.
On top tabs, switch to "SERVERS".
Make sure POP3 is selected in the first field.
Enter mail.domain name.com as the incoming and outgoing mail server.
Enter your Password given to you by WebWorld Plus- make a note of it.
Leave the checkbox blank. "Log on using..........."
Check the bottom box "My server requires Authentication".
You should NOT need to do anything to the remaining categories (Connection, Security or Advanced)
OUTLOOK: Close the program then reopen to activate.
Test your email. Send yourself an email from Outlook Express.
Repeat this procedure for additional accounts. Please check with your webmaster for the name and number of mailboxes on your account.
1.) If you have problems, please start at the top, checking off each step to be sure you have not missed one. Then try again.
2.) If the login window pops up when you try to "send", make sure you have your complete email address as the login/user. (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
3.) Let me know if you continue to have problems.
You can Google for tutorials if this one isn't suitable for you.
to print this page